Sunday, January 14, 2018

Icarus V VTOL Drone Drawing #1

Using R/C Technology at first for proof of concept.  First test flights will be at local AMA sanctioned model airplane field using RC propulsion system from a EFlite XVert VTOL electronics.

Electric motors with two large propellors wil be fixed on a one inch aluminum tube with wires going back to ESC, Reciever and LIPO bat(s) for propulsion.  It is very easy integrate and experiment.  The is no need for moving the motors to control Ultralight.  VTOLs ob youtube will rotate the motors from take off to flying for high speeds.  This aircraft only flys at 20MPH-25MPH and motors will only be used when I'm in it to gain altitude.  Then I will glide down to land and use Motors to slow to land vertically so I won't have to run 18 MPH to land.  I will land like a Helicopter or Quadcopter/Drone.


 I visited John Moody in Milwakee and copied ideas from his Powered Icarus II and created a motor mount for a MAC 101 GoCart engine with a straight drive 24" propeller making my Icarus V a foot launched hang glider or Foot Launched Ultralight,predacessor the the Vintage Ultralights and Modern Day Microlights.  Note: I started flying R/C models in 1964. 

No comments:

Post a Comment